LOCATION: Greater Chicago Area – near Bloomingdale, IL
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: Our client located is looking for an IT Data Manager to oversee the ongoing data reception process into the database and preparing it for product use. You will also have the technological expertise to help guide system modernization projects and fresh approaches to data management. You will be managing a team of 10 to 20 people in different disciplines, so having prior experience successfully managing teams of this size is essential. This is a great culture, stable company, and a place where you can establish a long term career with a company you can be proud of.
• Explore improvements for data and potential architecture redesign.
• Prioritize and schedule work, manage staff to carryout all the required duties of the Data Analysis and Integration team.
• Manage daily production schedule, coordinating all demands on key data warehouses/marts.
• Develop and manage processes that ensure data analysis and quality checks are performed throughout the data development process.
• Oversee analysis of raw data for new or missing data elements or formats; investigate data problems and correct before entry into database.
• Oversee analysis of data trends and anomalies; find and correct problems; develop and propose database improvements and coordinate their implementation.
• Develop and/or enhance data handling rules to maximize effective use of data.
• Ensure that all processes meet compliance standards.
• Select, develop, motivate and manage staff; increase their responsibilities where possible to further their individual growth; promote teamwork.
• Develop strong cross-functional relationships to ensure smooth and ongoing receipt of data and correct use of data in products/deliverables.
• Possess ability and willingness to execute some tasks directly.
• Work with business counterparts to determine feasibility of new potential data sources and develop rules to effectively leverage new sources.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) with 8 + years of management experience.
• Experience with Agile Methodology in a software development environment.
• Strong technological skills, Skillful with data management tools and trends.
• Project management skills
• Experience in data quality in both operations and production.
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship at this time and is not open to relocation expenses.
Id# TBI13088- IT Data Manager
Rich Bradley: firstname.lastname@example.org