LOCATION: Greater Chicagoland area near Woodridge, IL or Conway, AR
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: A global leader in technology manufacturing, our client is home to a large, diverse team of innovative designers, engineers and developers who are dedicated to working together to bring high quality products to consumers worldwide. They are seeking a CAE Applications Engineer. The right candidate will have great communication skills to work and express ideas with co-workers and external contacts. Ability to prioritize and be customer service focused when needed.
- Performs engineering analyses. Inspect product specifications and use computer aided engineering applications, replicate performance, and evaluate the manufacturability of products. Evaluate results and make changes/modifications. Works with outside vendors when needed.
- Provide expert advice to other engineers. Provides technical support in FAE and usage of application functions. Conducts training classes and works with outside vendors when needed.
- Analyze current and future needs. Research and attend conferences to learn about new technology.
- Participates on project teams. Aid in application requirements and specifications. Communicates needs/requirements from end users.
- Evaluate vendor’s new releases and provide recommendations for improvements/changes.
- Collaborate with vendors to develop and deliver custom CAE software.
- Assist and train in file management.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3+ years in an engineering and CAE environment
- Experience with HyperMesh, ABAQUS, Moldflow, Ansys Electrical, Icepak and Flotherm
- PC skills
- Expertise in FEA tools
- Able to work second and third shift/weekends when needed
- 10% Travel – Domestic and international
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship at this time and is not open to relocation expenses.
ID # : 13118 – CAE Applications Engineer
Rich Bradley: firstname.lastname@example.org